Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Happiness is....

... getting a new box of My Favorite Things goodies in the mail!

So, I couldn't wait to get crafty in the menopause room. First thing on the agenda was to make a few SAS4Kids cards for Nationwide Children's.  :)


A Card Fit for a Matey

This card was inspired by MFT's current sketch and color challenges.

As you can, see I rotated the sketch. When I first saw it, I knew pirates were coming. So, I immediately envisioned the sketch's vertical strip becoming a bit of ocean.

Then, I dug through my stash of papers to find the closest matches possible to the colors of Coral Crush, Spearmint, Green-Eyed Monster, and Blueberry.

stash AC and Distress cardstocks, MFT dp
MFT Party Like a Pirate stamps and dies
images stamped in Versamark black onyx and colored with Prismacolor pencils
MFT Ocean Porthole Die; Paper Smooches wave die
adhesives: Scotch ATG and foam backing
I've been resisting these little pirates for so long... and finally gave in to temptation... and am so glad I did.  :)

A Card Fit for a Text-Obsessed Tween/Teen

My second card was inspired by those free-with-order text bubble dies. I had been tempted by a stamp set in this year's Stampin' Up! catalog. But, when I saw that trio of die, I knew I had to place an order to get a hold of these sweeties.

This card was also inspired by the current Rainbow Maker Online Card Class. I'm not quite sure if it really fits any of the techniques featured in this week's videos. Nevertheless, rainbows have been on my mind, and I thought rainbow-colored text bubbles might make a cute card for a phone-addicted tween/teen at Nationwide Children's. So, I'm going to go ahead and share this in the Day 3 (Die Cutting) Gallery.


Stampin' Up gray and Recollections black cardstocks; Distress Ink core papers
MFT free-with-order text bubble dies; Stampin' Up! speech bubble die
Simon Says Stamp You Matter background  and "YOU" sentiment stamp
Winnie & Walter big bold you sentiments
stamps inked in Versamark black onyx
Balger gold blending filament; Pretty Pink Posh sequins
adhesives: Scotch ATG; foam backing; Ranger multi medium matte

So, what do you think of that blending filament? I was originally going to play with some thin gold thread. But, when I reached in my twine/thread container, the blending filament started unraveling. It had such a random, organic look, I decided to go with that instead... and I LOVED the look. Let's call this one happy crafty accident.  :)

Parting Thoughts

A quick reminder that we have a new vacation-themed challenge going on over at Words 2 Craft By. Marty's hosting this month. And, we have $10 to an e-tailer of the winner's choice up for grabs. See you in the W2CB Gallery.  :)

Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment