Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Saturday, May 20, 2017

SAS4Kids: Bright Colors 4 Kids

Hi, everyone! It's the third Saturday of the month, which means it's time for a new Send a Smile 4 Kids Challenge. These next few weeks, we're looking for cards with bright colors for kids.  :)

Our two wonderful sponsors for this challenge have supplied a couple of great prizes: 3 free digis from Paper Nest Dolls and 8 Glitter Drops from Tonic Studios.




I used a sweet little image from Paper Nest Dolls to make a card that would be perfect for a daddy's little helper.

image: Owen Building Birdhouse from Paper Nest Dolls
image printed on stash cardstock and colored with Prismacolor pencils
SU black and bright cardstocks; Recollection paddywhack dp
Memory Box stencil, inked in SU tip top taupe with Ranger blending tool
SU decorative mask, inked in Distress Ink hickory smoke
adhesives: Scotch ATG; foam backing
So, a little about this card. I went with a bigger image size, which was great for a focal point but tough for coloring -- at least for me, LOL The end result is that my pencil coloring is not as bright as I would've liked... because I stopped coloring before getting a waxy look. But, I think -- I hope -- my cardcstock and dp are colorful enough to meet our challenge theme.  :)

Hope you'll join us at Send a Smile 4 Kids for this challenge. There's nothing like some big bright colors to cheer up some little patients.

2 comments:

  1. How cute, and what a terrific boy card, which I always find challenging to begin with. Some boy will get a real kick out of this creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorably sweet card Sybrina!!!

    ReplyDelete