Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Do You Want to Build a Snowman?

Hi, everyone! Before I get to today's card. I have a Valentine story to share.

He Said, She Said

I don't even remember what the commercial was advertising, It showed a man and a woman and included the line, "She makes the good times great." I turned to hubby and asked, "So, do I make your good times great?" Hubby got that smirk of his and, without missing a beat said, "You make the great times good. Then he laughed that laugh of his.

Yep, that's my guy. I guess I should add that we've been married 32 years, he surprised me with chocolate-covered strawberries and fudge from a favorite candy shop, makes me laugh at least ten times a day... and I can count on one hand the number of times I've had to pump my own gasoline in the last five years. Not much for romance, but quite a guy.

Today's Card: Do You Want to Build a Snowman?

I'm here with a card for the Jingle Belles' Let the Flakes Fall Where They May Challenge. Seemed like a perfect time to pull out some Polar Pals and craft away.  :)

Doodlebug Polar Pals dp and coordinating stickers; Simon Says Stamp cardstock
Stampin' Up! stitched square dies and itty banner punch
silver edging on blue banner: heat embossed with Versamark pen and Recollections silver powder
adhesives: Scotch ATG; foam backing; Zots glue dots
I sometimes struggle combining various patterns, but this seemed to come together pretty easily. Surprisingly so since there are five different patterns here -- and a sentiment square cut from a sixth paper.  :)

Love these fun, cheery colors and playful sentiment. Think this little card will be going to Send a Smile 4 Kids.  :)

Parting Thoughts

There's a Mardi-Gras-inspired Celebration Challenge going on over at Words 2 Craft By. Bobbi's come up with a great quote and is offering up a cute MFT stamp set as a prize. You have until March 1 to play along.

Have a great day! Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!



3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, what an incredible job of combining patterns perrrrrfectly on this fun and cheerful card! so pleased you could join our "FLAKE-Y" fun at JINGLE BELLES! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby makes me laugh every day too (and he does the dishes & laundry) ... wouldn't trade him for anything ... love those wonderful colors for a winter card ... hanks for getting *flake-y* with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm a little late but thanks so much for playing in my "Let The Flakes Fall Where They May" challenge over at Jingle Belles! Your project is fabulous!
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    Love To Scrap 2
    Love To Scrap!

    ReplyDelete