Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Thankful Thursday & A Card!

Hi, everyone!

Hope it's been a good week for you. I'm not sure where this week's gone. But, I do know it's a week in which I've been quite thankful for being retired. How else would I've managed to clean house, watch some Olympics, and make a couple of cards? It really is true that the days manage to fill up when you're retired. All the folks who used to say they didn't know how they had time when they were working. Yep, that's very true.

Thankful Thursday

And, actually being retired is what I'm thankful for this week. I am indeed thankful for having the time to clean and watch and create. This week, I'm most thankful for Tuesday morning. You see I woke up with a case of the lurkies. (When someone in the family isn't feeling the best -- for no apparent reason, we call it a case of the lurkies.) In the past, I would've gotten up, gotten ready for work, and gone in to the office. But, Tuesday, I got out of bed, took a couple of Tylenols, went back to bed, slept in until 11:15,, and felt sooooo much better.  :)

Today's Card: hello fabulous friend

Today's card was inspired by the Shopping Our Stash What's the Good Word? Challenge to use word dies and the Simon Says Stamp's Make for the Border Challenge to use border dies.

Stampin' Up! stash (retired) paper; SU neutral core paper; stash coral cardstock
Winnie & Walter sentiment die and stamps
"fabulous friend" heat embossed in Distress Ink faded jeans with Ranger clear embossing powder
Paper Smooches stitched dies
Lawn Fawn mini snowflake dies; SU flower and cupcake builder punches
stash sequins; Glossy Accents applied to die cut elements
adhesives: Scotch ATG; Zig 2-way glue pen

Think this little card is going to a friend who might be in need of a pick-me-up.


Parting Thoughts

Making this short and sweet because I need to work on a new neighbor gift. So, I'll leave quick reminders about the new Cards in Envy Challenge that posted on Monday and the Words 2 Craft By Challenge that posted about a week ago.

Have a great Friday! Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'.  :)



5 comments:

  1. I'm leaving with a huge smile on my face, Sybrina! Not only is your card so pretty and just what your friend will need to pick up her spirits, but because you grabbed those lurkies by the throat and showed them who was boss! Go you for enjoying retirement to the max, even if that means going back to bed when you aren't feeling well!! Stay well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great word die and you've made it into an awesome card, as per usual! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Sybrina! Love that angled die cutting you did on the focal panel and the little touches of bling you added too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so fun!! perfect greeting for a friend!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, Sybrina!! It stopped me in my tracks as I was scrolling down to your Hip to Be Square card!!

    ReplyDelete