Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Monday, August 15, 2016

CIE Hip to Be Square

Hi, everyone! Happy Monday!

It's the third Monday of the month, which means it's time for a new Cards in Envy challenge. Our challenge these next few weeks is it's Hip to Be Square. Cards can have square elements or be square cards.

For my card, I decided to use the Simon Says Stamp letter tiles stamp set and die to create a square card with lots of little squares -- an anniversary card for hubby.  :)

Recollections white and Stampin' Up! cherry cobbler cardstocks; stash wood
Simon Says Stamp letter tiles, stamped in StazOn jet black
SU owl-builder tiny heart, coated with Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents
SU owl-builder tiny heart, coated with Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents
Paper Smooches heart dies; stash sequins
adhesives: ATG; Ranger multi medium matte

First of all, I need to give credit where credit is due. My card is a CASE of Lisa's gorgeous card that can be found here. Let's just say I like my card, but I ADORE Lisa's card -- especially that open white-on-white effect.

I decided to change things up a bit because I wanted a square card for challenge, which meant changing dimensions... which meant adding a few embellishments. This also meant I needed to use 12" by 12" paper. My stash was out of 12" by 12" white paper. So, I had to go with a red base -- and then re-insert the cut-out white squares to keep the focus more on the sentiment.

CIE cards should be flat enough to fit inside a standard envelope, and my ribbon squishes down pretty nicely.

Hope you'll stop by Card in Envy and play along with our Hip to Be Square Challenge. Sandy comes up with the best challenge themes.  :)

Parting Thoughts

You'd think I'd be Olympic-ed out by now. But, I'm foreseeing a couple more late nights this week. Lucky for me, I can actually get NBC on the little non-cable, antenna TV in the menopause room.  :)

A quick reminder that the August/September A Single Step Challenge started up last Wednesday at Words 2 Craft By. There are chances for both participants and followers to win MFT gift certificates. We'd love for you to play along.

Have a great week! Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!


7 comments:

  1. Love the Scrabble tiles on this cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Sybrina! Love those scrabble tiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your scrabble squares are sooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I like how you included the hearts and the ribbon! Bet hubby loved it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE SCRABBLE. One of my favorites and this is such a clever "hip to be square" card. So creative Sybrina.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sybrina! This scrabble card is genius! I must CASE it sometime because it is so cute! Glad to be back from vacation! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello again! Gosh, I love this card, Sybrina! I'm a Scrabble and Words With Friends fan and I didn't know about this stamp set! So much fun!!

    ReplyDelete