Welcome to Chapter Three

Welcome to Chapter Three: Taking Life One Page at a Time -- a space to blog about those things that keep this retired gal from getting into ...

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

A Special Bouquet...

... for a Special Lady.

But first...

Three Things and a Story

Today, I'm grateful for...
  • my $2 thrift-store pajama bottoms that are just the right length for this petite gal,
  • a sweet e-mail from a dear friend thanking me for her homemade birthday card, and
  • the start of Master's week.
I didn't used to enjoy watching golf on television. Truth be told, when my dad watched it on Sunday afternoons, I thought it was about the most boring thing ever. But, watching Jack Nicklaus win the Masters at age 46 was pretty special. Maybe it was even more special because he is fellow native Ohioan. But, thirty years later, I still remember to this day where I was for Jack's spectacular Sunday round of golf. And, on that Sunday, I became an avid fan of watching golf's major championships.

Stay tuned for additional golf stories these next few days.  :)

A Special Bouquet for an SAS4Kids Mom

Every so often, I get it right -- when the card turns out even better than I had hoped. Know what I mean?

Well, the card below is one of those rare creations.  :)


Strathmore watercolor paper; Recollections black; stash Mama Elephant acetate; DI spun sugar core paper
Stampin' Up! Love is Kindness stamp; Really Reasonable Ribbon ribbon
Memory Box texture disperse stencil, embossed with Versamark and clear Recollections powder
Distress Inks spun sugar, picked raspberry, salty ocean, mustard seed, scattered straw
Creative Memories circle cutting system, with ovals edged in StazOn jet black
adhesives: Scotch ATG, Zots glue dots
I was really, really pleased at how well this resist, watercolored oval frame turned out. I've found that I've been having success applying my Distress Inks using a regular paint brush, as opposed to using a water brush.

As pretty as this card looks, I wanted to do a little something special with the tag to play along with the current Shopping Our Stash April Fools Challenge. So, I decided to play around with a technique that SU demonstrator extraordinaire Bernadette Kirk taught our stamping group. For details on creating the magic shown below, please click here.


From black and white to color! So, this is how Dorothy felt!

 In addition to the SOS Challenge, this card was inspired by the following challenges:
Parting Thoughts
There are just a few more hours left to play along with our Began to Fly Challenge over at Words 2 Craft By. The challenge closes at 11:59 EST tonight. We'd love for you to stop by and share your interpretation of these words.
  
Thanks for stopping by and happy scrappin'!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful job on the magic card, it's been a while since I made one but they are so fun. yours is lovely and the bow at the top is fab. Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash for the April Fools challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous interactive card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! love that pull up. What a great technique. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This technique is impressive! I also LOVE the colors on your BG. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhhh this is so awesome!!! Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our "April Fools" challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow, that pull up card is so COOL... as is the watercolor resist, for that matter! what a great make! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete